Join the San Mateo RCD for a self-guided tour of San Mateo County’s Urban Agriculture and Community Gardens! Visit any of the following locations where you can find free refreshments, site tours, and opportunities to get your hands into the soil.
When: April 4th, 2020, from 10AM to 2 PM.
Where: Locations around San Mateo County. See site map and list below.
Questions: Contact Kasey Butler kasey@sanmateoRCD.org or (650)712-7765 x108
Open Gardens Sign Up
Participating Community Gardens
1785 Woodland Ave East Palo Alto.
- There will be a workshop from 10-11:30 AM and then an hour of volunteering 11:30 AM-12:30 PM.
Pacifica Sanchez Library Garden
1111 Terra Nova Blvd. Pacifica.
Parking lot is in front of library.
- Volunteer opportunities available all day.
830 Rosita Road, Pacifica.
- Located at the back of Linda Mar Education Center
- The garden will feature both a tour and a workday activity. For those who are interested in working in the garden, they will be planting their “pollinator garden”.
Viveros (Urban Aquaponics)
792 Weeks Street, East Palo Alto.
- Tours available at the top of each hour from 10-2.
- Volunteer opportunities available.
The Phoenix Garden
222 Paul Scannell Dr. San Mateo
- Located at the site of the San Mateo County Youth Services Center.
- Look for the two large cypress trees and hte person in the yellow vest: for directions call
UC Master Gardeners Gardening Education Center
2495 S. Delaware Ave., San Mateo, CA, 94403
- Please follow directions to the Jockey Club at the San Mateo Event Center. Do not go to the San Mateo Event Center pay parking off of Saratoga. Enter from S. Delaware St. going toward the Jockey Club. After you enter the parking lot, drive immediately to the left where you will see a green lawn and large eucalyptus trees and the UC Master Gardeners GEC (Gardening Education Center).
- Come see their raised garden beds, small fruit tree orchard, Johnson-Su compost bioreactor and season extension and greenhouses