Neighborhood Chipper Program
This Neighborhood Chipper Program helps property owners create defensible space and reduce the likelihood of catastrophic fire. After clearing brush and small trees from around homes, residents can participate in neighborhood events by piling branches, limbs, and other woody vegetation on the curbside. On the day of the event the mobile wood chipper and crew comes to you!
This program is a partnership effort with the San Mateo County FireSafe Council with funding from San Mateo County.
Be prepared, learn more about Defensible Space on the FireSafe San Mateo County website!
- No events are currently scheduled
- La Honda – November 7-8, 14-15, and 21-22, 2020
- Loma Mar and Dearborn Park – November 7-8 and November 14-15, 2020
- Moss Beach and Montara – November 6, 2020
- El Granada – October 26-27, 2020
- Fire Safe San Mateo County
- County Fire
- CAL FIRE
- La Honda Fire Brigade
- South Skyline Fire Safe Council
- San Mateo County Measure K
- CA Fire Safe Council
- Coastal Conservancy