The San Mateo Resource Conservation District (SMRCD), in partnership with Trout Unlimited and the California Department of Parks and Recreation (State Parks), welcomes contractors to bid on the Peters Creek Stream Flow Enhancement Project, at Portola Redwoods State Park Project, located near La Honda, CA in San Mateo County. This Project will increase water storage capacity, improve water distribution, reduce water demand, and improve streamflow in Peters Creek. Project activities include constructing or installing the following components:
- Diversion pump system: includes pump house foundation, pump house superstructure, diversion pumps, and appurtenances.
- Pretreatment system: includes building foundation, pretreatment building, skid-mounted filtration system, skid-mounted UV system, backwash pump, and appurtenances.
- Raw water storage tank pad, foundation, and appurtenances: includes grading, trenching, and drainage, tank foundation, raw water piping at tank site, and in-tank aeration system. The Tank will be provided and assembled by others.
- Raw water conveyance pipeline: includes (1) installation of approximately 1,850 linear feet of 4” diameter C900 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) water pipeline (2) installation of approximately 1,300 linear feet of 6” diameter C900 PVC water pipeline and (3) above-ground ductile iron yard piping. Also includes trenching and road resurfacing.
- Electrical infrastructure: Project activities also include installing electrical infrastructure needed to operate the above project components.
Implementation of these measures will create water security for State Parks and allow more water to be left instream for threatened and endangered steelhead trout and coho salmon. SMRCD seeks qualified contractors to implement the above project actions which are detailed further in the full RFB document.
A mandatory pre-bid tour will be held at the project site. Attendance is required for all bidders and RSVPs are required.
When: March 20, 2023 from 10 am to 12 pm
Where: Portola Redwoods State Park (driving directions and exact meeting locations to be provided upon RSVP).
RSVP: Email stephanie@sanmateoRCD.org by March 17, 2023 at 4 pm
Bids are due by April 10, 2023 at 12:00pm NOON to stephanie@sanmateoRCD.org
A virtual public opening of the bids will be held the same day (April 10) virtually via Zoom at 4 pm via this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88444997075