The San Mateo Resource Conservation District (RCD) is seeking contractors to assist the RCD’s forest health and wildfire resilience projects, by providing support with forest management, ecosystem restoration, and fuel reduction projects throughout San Mateo County.
The goals of the RCD’s Forest Health and Fire Resiliency Program as it relates to this RFQ include:
- Developing programmatic permits and streamlined permitting tools for forest health and fire resiliency.
- Providing technical assistance, outreach, and education to landowners to design, permit, and implement projects for forest health, fire resiliency, and vegetation management.
- Coordinating the county-wide Neighborhood Chipping Program to help homeowners and residents create and manage defensible space in partnership with Fire Safe San Mateo County, CAL FIRE, County Fire, and local community partners.
- Increasing the health and fire resiliency of forests and associated ecosystems through large-scale forest health and vegetation management projects across hundreds of acres on public and private lands.
- Assisting residents and landowners in post-fire recovery following the historic 2020 CZU Lightning Complex fires, and with future post-fire recovery needs.
Several project types are covered by this program, and the RCD is seeking multiple qualified Contractors (e.g. California Registered Professional Forester, Environmental Planner, Biologist) to support activities related to:
- Project planning and development of management plans, Prescribed Burn plans, Timber Harvest Plans, Notice of Emergency Timber Operations for Fuel Hazard Reduction, revegetation plans, Vegetation Management Plans, invasive species removal plans, pest/diseased tree removal plans, etc.
- Permitting (e.g. California Environmental Quality Act, Coastal Development Permits, County of San Mateo Significant Tree Removal Permit, avoidance and minimization measures, biological assessments, etc.)
- Support overseeing project implementation for fuel reduction, tree removal, revegetation, etc.
- Participation in the development of outreach materials and participation in outreach efforts with stakeholders.
An optional pre-bid virtual meeting will be held on September 12, 2022 at 2:00 pm, which will allow prospective consultants to ask questions regarding the program and subsequent projects. All questions and answers will be posted online.
Submittals will be accepted until September 28, 2022 to david@sanmateoRCD.org. Late submissions will not be considered.