Thursday, June 10, 2021 – 7:00pm
via Zoom. Register here.
Join us for a meeting to discuss forest health and resiliency in parkland, and the planned actions that will be underway this year to achieve these forest health objectives in Huddart and Wunderlich County Parks.
The San Mateo Resource Conservation District and San Mateo County Parks have been working collaboratively on implementing a large-scale forest health project in these two parks. This webinar will discuss the details and benefits of this project, the partnership, what to expect at the park in the coming months, and any questions you may have!
The project benefits include:
- Improving forest health conditions and increasing forest carbon storage
- Reducing wildfire risk to adjacent communities
- regionally addressing wildfire fuel reduction by strategically placing project sites across the Santa Cruz Mountains
- Reducing wildfire risks and providing conservation benefits to ecosystem services that support water supply, storm flow conveyance, and habitat for endangered species
- Treating pest and disease damaged areas that will increase the pace of reforestation
Send any questions prior to the webinar to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar will include some information from the previous webinar, but also expand on our previous conversation. View the video of our previous webinar. You can also learn more about our Forest Health and Fire Resiliency Programs here.